All property photos
3D Virtual Tour
- 3 bedroom, 2 bath top floor condo in San Francisco's famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood
- Shared back yard with outdoor living area and newly installed hot tub on wood deck platform
- Plenty of space for a home office, perfect for work-from-home and Zoom calls
- Centrally located kitchen with stainless appliances including 5-burner gas range
- Huge laundry room with washer, dryer, and space left for storage
- Verdant outlooks to the Panhandle, gorgeous back yard, and straight-on view of Saint Ignatius
- Incredibly spacious rooms with period details and great natural light
- Ceiling medallions, decorative mouldings, wainscoting, picture rails, coffered ceilings, and period fireplaces
- Softwood and hardwood floors, new light fixtures, tankless hot water heater, and Bay windows
- Walkscore of 98/100, proximate to Whole Foods, Golden Gate Park, and tons of shops, restaurants, and nightlife
Welcome to 1973 Oak Street in San Francisco's famous Haight Ashbury neighborhood! This spacious top floor condo boasts a versatile floorplan and has been handsomely styled, all while retaining its original period charm.
Life at the top is great, and this amazing home delivers. A double-parlor is located at the front of the home and may be cordoned off by way of a pocket door. The main hall leads back to the chef's kitchen, which features a large casual dine-in area. Granite counters and stainless appliances are located along the perimeter and a 5-burner gas range is the centerpiece. Just off the kitchen is a huge laundry room, which has a washer, dryer, and plenty of space for storage.
Coffered ceilings, Bay windows, wainscoting, period fireplaces, ceiling medallions, decorative mouldings and a beautiful built-in buffet are juxtaposed by new, modern light fixtures, a sleek color palette, and renovated kitchen / baths that all provide the best of modern-day living. Homes like these are scarce and always will be!
Ebony-stained softwoods and dimmable lights create a warm, inviting environment. Dramatic Bay windows look out to the lovely garden at the rear, and towards Golden Gate Park's Panhandle at the front, with Saint Ignatius Church framed perfectly.
The shared back yard features a living area, biergarten lights, and a newly installed spa on wooden deck platform.
With a Walkscore of 98, this incredible location offers up a plethora of destinations, including Whole Foods, shops along Haight Street, Cole Valley, NOPA, Lower Haight, and Hayes Valley. Runners and cyclists will love proximity to Golden Gate Park, and surfers are a stone's throw from the beach. Commuting is a breeze from this central location, meaning the hassle and expense of car ownership is simply not needed -- freeing up funds for more important things.
All in all, 1973 Oak offers an incredible lifestyle in one of San Francisco's most desirable neighborhoods. Turnkey, stylized to perfection, and ready for its new owner - please contact the Payton + Binnings Team at [email protected] or 415-891-7770 for a private tour!
At the center of Haight Ashbury is one of the most famous intersections in America. The epicenter of the counter culture movement, home to the Grateful Dead, the Haight Ashbury Free clinic, and the hippies of the 60s, today Haight Ashbury still retains a heady whiff of those free-spirited days, grounded by a new civic awareness and neighborhood pride.
Tourists still come from around the world to check out the action on Haight Street, and they find plenty of it. Trendy boutiques like Upper Playground, Buffalo Exchange and American Apparel sell the coolest looks. Independent record store Amoeba offers free in-store performances and proves there's still life in the music industry.
When the hubbub of Haight Street proves too much, Golden Gate Park, with its new world-class museums, the DeYoung and the California Academy of Sciences, offer a calm oasis. Renovation of the neighborhood Victorians continues apace. Converted to apartments in the 60s these homes are being rediscovered by families who take them on as hobby, pastime, passion, and investment.
For families with young kids, the Haight Ashbury Coop Nursery School, now in its third decade, provides an inexpensive alternative to daycare from its home in the Alma Street playground.
Showings by Appointment:
Contact Payton + Binnings
- Close to everything - Whole Foods, bars, breweries, boutiques and restaurants. No need to drive!
- Easy 2-minute walk to Golden Gate park - I used to run in the park every morning before work
- Close to 2 bus lines with access to FiDi - Haight and Hayes
- Spacious flat and peaceful with awesome views of the panhandle and tree-filled back ard - you almost forget you are in the city.
- Separate entrance means you really feel like it's your own place.
- Great building co-owners
- Backyard is a sanctuary retreat for BBQs and relaxing.
- Basement storage is huge and shared among all three flats, but there is tons of room to store whatever you need
- Basement has potential to be turned into garage (with cooperation from other owners and subject to permitting by city)
- Exterior colors were chosen by a prominent SF color specialist for Victorian and Edwardian homes
- Noise-dampening windows added to front
- Flat stays cool even in high temperatures
- Flats rotate turns taking out trash and recycling
- Backyard accessible via laundry room or sidewalk gate